Wednesday, February 27, 2008

So Sorry, This Is All I Have

Today is the start of Maggie's second week of daycare. So far she's picked up two things--an VERY nasty cold and how to throw tantrums. Lucky, lucky us. She's shared both. Patrick sniffles on occasion while I find myself in the dregs of misery.

I crawled out of bed this morning just in time to drop my tantrum throwing daughter off at germ central only to come home and plop myself on the couch and sob. Why? I dunno. I think this last round, after so so many previous bouts of illness, has just shoved me right off that edge I was teetering on.

I don't think it helped one little bit that yesterday I decided (amidst all my physical and emotional fragility) to watch the slide show of my brother Brian's life. I bawled, and bawled, and then bawled some more. Then I thought it might be fun to call my sister Julie and bawl to her. Good times.....this greatly helped my mood and that nasty headache I already had.

The slide show is a beautiful tribute to my brothers life and I've thought of posting it on my blog many times but never have because, well, I bawl.

Anyway, I digress. Tantrums. Maggie has taken quite naturally to them. She drops to her knees then throws herself onto her stomach and elbow and screams. It's a treat. I'm sure when she gets home today she'll throw one or two whoppers. I'll do my best to take a picture of it or something. Hey, what else am I supposed to do with tantrums?

Now that I've done what I'm sure Patrick will view as weak and embarrassing (show my emotions and blubber in public--although I'd hardly call my blog public with my viewership) I'll wrap it up with a promise: Sweet pictures of my little girl, happy thoughts, and better times on the horizon.

5 comments:

Emily S. said...

The slide show brought me to tears too. I think you should try to post it sometime.

Karla said...

I'd love to see the slide show, too. If you don't want to post it, can you just email it to me? Please?

Anonymous said...

Love your writing. I understand about being sick and dealing with tantrums. Taking photos is a good idea. She'll love to watch herself having a tantrum when she's sixteen.

Post the slideshow.

Morgan Moore said...

Being sick is the worst and the tantrums! I'm so sorry! Hang in there!

xoxo
(p.s.) I'd love to see the slideshow sometime, too!

ZDub said...

Hope you are feeling better today.