Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Big Change

Patrick and I have been debating for a while about when/how/if Maggie should go into some form of day care. I vacillated between never wanting her to leave my side and really wanting her to socialize and grow a bit. We have decided the time has come.

I know a woman who does in-home daycare and she agreed to take Maggie on a part time basis. Yesterday we spent some time there talking over the details and meeting the other kids. Everything went really well and I'll now be handing over my daughter every Monday and Wednesday morning for half a day...if I can swallow the lump in my throat.
I know this is good for all of us and is the next logical step but, wow, I'm really freaked out about it. I might just be posting on Monday afternoon about how I changed my mind.
Here's a couple of pics after out daycare visit, all wired.


4 comments:

Emily S. said...

Dang she's cute! Can she get any cuter? She is going to love it I'm sure!

ZDub said...

Zoe went into preschool when she was 3.5 years old two days a week. It did wonders for her and when she started Kindergarten, she was way ahead of most kids as far as colors, letters, writing, etc. I'm sure Maggie will do great!

Karla said...

Sounds fun for her AND therapeutic for mommy! I know when I go to work (2x a week for 4 hours) it provides a little break, even though I have to work! I'm sure it is going to be fantastic...thinking of all the shopping, cleaning, relaxing, etc...you will be able to do! You'll have to blog about what you do during that time, just so I can be jealous! :)

Nikki said...

I was the same way with my first son - not wanting him to leave my side ever but wanting him to experience new things too. It might be just me, but I think having short times away from him (and now my younger son, too) actually makes me a better mom. It's not a lot of time spent away but it makes you appreciate the time you have together even more - you're refreshed and ready for new adventures when they come home :) I can't wait to read how it goes!