Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas Eve

We had a very mellow Christmas Eve at our place (not something I'm used to--as a child this night was the big family party and Christmas day was almost anti-climactic). Patrick fixed himself the biggest steak known to man and we all had our fill of holiday goodies.

After her bath Maggie was allowed to put some cookies and milk out on the coffee table. She insisted on the bowl. I wanted a lovely plate to display our treats for the big man but, no, it had to be this ugly mixing bowl.




She was so excited she stayed up and played in her room until well past 10pm. We just kept staring at her through the video monitor willing her to pass out so we could get started!

I do really like that we've agreed to spend our Christmases at home so our kids grow up with memories of waking up in the comfort of their own cozy home. Plus it's nice to know we won't have to explain how Santa will find them if we're traveling! I have to admit that falling into my own lovely bed that night was pretty close to heaven.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A big silver mixing bowl? I wonder why. Sounds like your Christmas eve was peaceful. How lovely!

Kathy said...

I am with you! I LOVE being home for Christmas!!!

Ashby said...

We stayed home too, and it was great. Hard to not have family around, but so great to not travel. I can't get over how big Maggie is getting! How did she grow up so fast?