Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Arizona, Christmas 2009

After our Christmas morning at home we hopped on a plane for Arizona and warm(er) weather. Maggie and Caroline had such a good time with the family. The cousins ran around like crazy the whole time and really seemed to enjoy each other. Ciara and Eamon were also quite interested in Caroline and even watched me bathe her one evening.





Here's Caroline hangin' out with her Daddy-o, Uncle Sean, and Uncle Don. I love her expression here:




Nerf gun madness. This burned a lot of energy!
Maggie also enjoyed putting on make-up. Aunt Melissa was very patient and helped her apply it all (something I've never really done).



We went to the Organ Stop pizza place. This place was...wild. The whole building was covered in pipes--the walls, the ceiling, etc. It was crazy loud. I wish the picture could show all the pipes. Maggie was in awe. Caroline was not so sure about the whole thing. Hopefully I'll post the small video clip I took since the whole experience cannot be captured in a silent photo.


While in Arizona I was able to spend what felt like 60 short seconds down in Gilbert visiting Karla. Maggie and Natalie had a good time playing. Natalie had a Thomas the Train that you could actually ride around on. Maggie loved it but was a little nervous when Natalie jumped casually onto the back for a ride around.

Caroline took a turn in the swing while the girls jumped on the trampoline. Man, Karla has a fun backyard!
Before I could even blink we were packing up the kids and heading out. Too short.

2 comments:

Karla said...

It WAS way too short! But I'm so glad you came - even if it was only for a short while. I'll send you the pics I took of the girls playing and little Caroline on the grass. I wish you lived closer!

she&him said...

how sweet! is caroline growing into her dress more?? Aw, i'm so glad she wears it :)