Monday, October 27, 2008

Weekend Review: Farm Fun, Halloween's Begun

I'd been trying to get us to a farm for some pumpkins for over a month! It finally worked out for this weekend. It was COLD! We still managed to have a really good time and Maggie hardly noticed the cold--until the end when we suggested going out for pancakes.

It was so cold that I bought an ugly, bright orange fleece hat just to survive. I looked like a pumpkin so this is the only picture you're gonna see of me--from a distance. Maggie loved riding the "train" and every time we passed Patrick she'd squeal and yell, "I'm having fun, Daddy!". I couldn't stop laughing.

Last year we went to this exact farm but in September. There were tons of pumpkins to pick right off the vine. This year the fields were very picked over and the farm help had made piles of pumpkins to pick from. All were pretty thrashed and way too big for Maggie. We bought two of the best looking ones we could find. Next year we'll come earlier in the season so I don't have to buy an ugly hat and look silly in all the pictures and we get a better choice in pumpkins!

Another activity we did was our church's Trunk-or-Treat. Last year Maggie walked around dazed and confused. This year we practiced saying "Trick or Treat!" (which she said clearly MOST of the time--we were proud) and Maggie was thrilled to go to the "party with kids". After I dressed her up in her ballerina costume I asked her to dance while I took some pictures.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I LOVE all the photos! I had to look at each one "in big." I think you should frame the one of P. and Madge walking a path, with the shadows. The one with you in the orange hat made me laugh. Too cute....and funny! She is a perfect ballerina. What a charmed life - "trick or treat." Who can say no?

Karla said...

How fun! We were supposed to go to our local farm/pumpkin patch on Saturday, but about an hour before we planned to leave is when I chopped my toe - seriously ruining my weekend. I also STILL don't have a costume for Natalie. I think maybe a clown. We'll see!

Karla said...

PS - Maggie looks adorable in her costume. I love your pumpkin hat, too. :) Now all you need to do is sew on some felt eyes, nose and mouth! Hehe!