Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Trip to Utah--Review

We spent this last weekend in Utah with my family. We had a GREAT time! Normally trips to Utah are over scheduled and over stressed. Not this time (huge surprise!). Maggie was spoiled beyond belief with all of the attention payed to her--the whole entire family just fawns over her. It's giving her a big head to say the least.
Thur was all travel.

Friday was spent in Provo visiting with Randy, enjoying a family lunch at Charlotte's house, and a super duper cool bus ride from Grampy--OH BOY, WAS THIS THE COOLEST!!

Julie sent me a bunch of pics she took of the bus trip so I'll have to do a complete post just on that little adventure!

We spent a few minutes visiting Brian's headstone. It was my first time seeing it. Perfect for Bri. (When preparing for our trip to Utah I was listing off all the people Maggie would see/"play with" and after finishing she added, "and Bri-Bri?")

My dad said we better not put a bus on his headstone. Patrick responded by saying, "I think that ship has already sailed".

I've included the one of Ellen pulling a face because this is the first time EVER she's done that. I was shocked when I saw it!

I included to two previous pics to show how totally cute Ellen and her daughter Courtney are!

On our way home from Provo we stopped a one of those jumpy thingy places to meet my oldest friend Karla and her daughter Natalie for some fun time. We did our best to catch pics of them together but soon gave up.

(I had two options for pics of Karla and I--and resisted the urge to put the best one of me up. Instead I picked the best of the kids). And here's one Julie took:

Saturday Julie hosted an extended family brunch while Patrick hit the stamp show (his excuse to come to Utah although he claims it was for me to see my family). He did come back in time to enjoy some good food and show off his stamp purchases.

After a relaxing day of chatting with relatives we went to Art Market run by Julie's good friend. Lots of fun. Money was spent.
Sunday was church and dinner in Provo at Charlotte's house again. Maggie had the cutest outfit on and I didn't take a single pic all day. She was funnier than ever at church. She kept asking where Max was (loudly) while he was blessing the sacrament. Then when we sang hymns and her daddy didn't sing she demanded he sing--and he DID! She then tried to sing along. She was very obedient and folded her arms and bowed her head for every single prayer. She's never done any of that before. She was sick so we didn't let her go to nursery (Patrick stayed home with her for that) and after sacrament meeting she kept walking around asking to go play with her friends (nursery). I felt bad.

3 comments:

Karla said...

I'm so glad we at least got to see each other for that short while at the "zoo". I actually like the pic of us that Julie took. Your weekend in Utah looked like it was a blast! PLEASE come visit me next! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the one of her driving the bus. She looks so HAPPY! That was a blast. We loved having you here.

Emily S. said...

Diana! What a fun trip! I was so sorry to miss you and your family. When I read that you haven't been to NYC - I got an idea! A cousins trip! You really have to go there - you would love it!