Friday, October 10, 2008

She's Figured It Out

It took her a while but she's finally realized that she has the ability and the freedom to get OUT of her big girl bed as she pleases. She only does it when she wakes up. When we put her down at night she's pretty good at just playing in bed until she drifts off (even if that's 2 HOURS of play).
This is what she did one morning while waiting for Daddy to come and get her: She got into her wipes (we buy in bulk at Costco) and lined them all up. Several packages were actually opened (you'll notice the little sealing stickers peeled off on the floor). The pile of white on the foot rest is about 2 inches of wipes that she carefully removed from one or more of the packages she opened and then carefully stacked them there.

This last picture shows how she rearranged them just during the time I took the pictures. She was so proud.

2 comments:

Emily said...

This is so cute. I can relate. The worst for me is when my kids stand next to me while I'm in bed and look at me while I'm sleeping.

Emily S. said...

So adorable the things they think to do while they are alone in their rooms. At least she left most of the wipes in the containers. I used to find Addie sitting on top of her changing table pulling out the wipes one by one until the entire carpet of her room was completely covered. I wish I would have just taken a picture but I am sorry to say I was a little upset.