Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Small Knitting Miracle

After, um, a year and a half I've finally completed the sweater for Maggie. This was a big undertaking for such a novice knitter and after a rather rough year I didn't think it would even fit her when it was done. It does. She's worn it twice and now I'm so worried about it I'm tempted to pack it away for safe keeping (eeek! That's exactly what MY mom would do).


So it's full of mistakes and is far from perfect but I'm happy to have completed it and feel sorta proud. She seems to like it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My goodness, its beautiful! Just beautiful!!!! Wow. Be proud. Don't you dare pack it away for safe keeping. That thing should be on display.

Funny, after looking at the "in big" version of bottom photo, I wanted to Photoshop the tea kettle handle that's coming out of her head. I need to get out more. I'm starting to have Photoshop OCD.

ZDub said...

Way to go!

I want to learn to knit too. I think you did a very good job.

Karla said...

I'm SO impressed! Congrats! I don't think I even remember how to do the simple beginner stitch anymore. You'll have to give me a refresher course! :) GOOD JOB!

Shuldberg Family said...

I'm so impressed!

Emily S. said...

That is wonderful! I could never do something like that - ever! I maybe would start it - but I wouldn't ever finish it. Of course, I don't even knit! You are amazing.