Friday, May 23, 2008

Things I Want Recorded

Maggie and Patrick were playing in the backyard when Patrick spotted a lady bug in the grass. He pointed it out to Maggie and she crouched down and said, "lady bug, lady bug, HI lady bug!".


Me: Are you my sweet pea?
Maggie: Yes

We pretty much have a very limited number of places to eat in Longmont so we end up at TGI Fridays a lot. The other day I was shopping in a completely different city and I went into a store to wander. She was getting bored of wandering through racks of clothes and started yelling, "Friday's! Fridays!" The sales women were cracking up and one finally asked me if she loves to eat at Fridays. And now she recognizes the building. We drive past it daily and she always points it out and yells Fridays!

Her sentences are longer lately. Three and four word sentences.

I cant' believe how observant a toddler is! We drove past a fast food Chinese place that happened to be painted red and white--just like Dairy Queen. She pointed to it and said, "ice cream!". It took me a minute to realize how she made the connection.


Says Tebby Dare instead of Teddy Bear. So sweet.


Today she took a cup and said, "more water" as she independently walked up to the fridge, put the cup in the door water dispenser, filled it up, then walked off to set the filled cup on a coaster she'd set on her little chair--all without a drop spilled! I was shocked she was tall enough and even knew how to use the door water dispenser!

While eating breakfast, Maggie looked into her bowl of oatmeal to see how much was left. She looked up and said, "almost" then took the last few bites.

4 comments:

ZDub said...

I love "Tebby Dare". That is so cute, I can't dtand it.

ZDub said...

I meant stand!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love all of Madge's little funny ways. Too cute!

Karla said...

She is so smart! I'm glad you are recording these things. It's so fun to read and helps me get to know her cute little personality, too!