Monday, May 26, 2008

Psycho Crazy Day

Thursday started out like any other. Maggie found old toys and decided they were great.



Then we decided to quickly stop by my friend Julie's house to check on her. She's been sick with the flu for a million years. It's great to have friends like her. I ended up staying for tea and sandwiches while the kidlets played.

The funniest thing about this jumpy toy is that Luke is way too small to get out of it himself sooooooo.....he'd just throw himself out. I could not stop laughing. Such a boy. Maggie would just whine to get in our out.

After I had been there a long while (I brought one diaper, no food or water for Maggie, and we were fast approaching nap time) a big freaky hail storm started. We watched it fall from her front porch before realizing a tornado was coming. Our town's sirens went off, the news cut into all tv shows and we were told to head to our basements. I did not exactly grow up in tornado country so I was totally shaken. Thank goodness for Julie the calm one! She took good care of us until things calmed down and I was able to head home. The tornado hit a bit north of us. What a CRAZY day!

2 comments:

ZDub said...

My best friend works in Loveland and got stuck on I-25 while all that was happening. So scary!

Karla said...

Well I'm glad you are alright! I was worried for a second. I wouldn't want you to have a house without a roof! :)