Monday, May 5, 2008

Sisters in Colorado Review

Oh, I had SO much fun with my sisters in town! We always have a fantastic time together.

Julie helped with bath time:



(check out that TEENY TINY arm! That's my baby.)

And she played with Maggie a ton.





We ate. A lot.


We went shopping. The photog for the trip (as always) was Julie. Most of the pics on this post are courtesy of her:

She had us try on hats.


Maggie had a super long day and just couldn't make it through without a little cat nap.

We also spent a day in Boulder on Pearl Street. We had a good time at the Dushanbe Tea House as well. Patrick had come home the night before so we were able to do Boulder without Maggie.

Charlotte brought some more wonderful hand-me-downs. We loooove her hand-me-downs. Most of it was clothes but there were a few toys and books in there. Maggie immediately bonded with the snowman. She looked directly at it, waved, and said, "hi snowmon" (not snowMAN but snowMON--like she was Jamaican).

The sisters at home (the site of SO many hours of talking, laughing, crying). It almost seems impossible that we fit all that into just a few short days--and still feel unfinished. I am so terribly grateful for my sisters. What on earth would I do without them? How did we grow up in the house we did, dealing with all of the family problems we did, and come out so bonded and loyal to each other?? It's as much a mystery to us as anything--trust me, we discussed it!


After a full work week in California, Patrick did get to spend some quality time with his daughter.


What it looked like on the ride home. I was sad to see this picture because it's chat time I missed out on. I shed a few tears at their parting...

3 comments:

Emily S. said...

You and your sisters are wonderful! I must admit - I am a little envious. You really do have something special. Thanks for sharing.

Karla said...

It looks like you sisters had a great time together. That is so cool that you do this. Maybe I need to start that with my sisters! I LOVE the photo of Charlotte, Ellen and you standing in front of one another. So cute! Too bad Julie wasn't in it. Maybe since she's learning photoshop, she can "shop" herself right into it!

Anonymous said...

What a great trip! Thank-you so much for being the perfect hostess. I loved and will always cherish our time together. We sure do know how to cram a lot of talking, laughing, crying, playing, eating, and shopping into a few short days. Where did the time go?