Saturday, May 17, 2008

Grammy's Visit

My mom arrived amid Maggie's cold from hell. This one was a doozy! The coughing was so bad it was causing her to vomit! It's been ugly. I spent Monday morning in the Urgent Care before rushing to the airport. Grammy brought some gifts--a little Sundance shirt and the most adorable purse she had made just for her.



She warmed right up to Grammy and rested her little head on her shoulder.

I could not feel worse about how much time we ended up spending on the couch watching tv to keep Maggie happy--or at least keep her mind off being miserable.

Tuesday I spent the entire day cooking up a million and one cupcakes for an enrichment activity. At the end of an incredibly exhausting day we took the cupcakes in and walked away--I didn't even get to stay for the crafting! Oh, and by this time Patrick is sick as well. Poor guy.

Wednesday was my mom's birthday! I felt the worst on this day for not being able to show her a better time! Maggie was sick, sick and restless so we took her for a walk around the block. Surprisingly we had a lovely little time!

The weather took a short break from being crappy so we took the opportunity to sit in the back yard and talk a bit.


That night the sickly husband took the sickly babe (what a guy!) while mom and I went out for dinner and a movie. Dinner at Fridays--I gave my mom a choice of any place she wanted and she picked it!

The movie was at our local mall. We got there early so we had time to shop first. In a spookily empty mall. My mom kept saying she must be in the Twilight Zone. The mall was so empty we had the entire movie theater to ourselves (at least until the very last minute when 3 other people joined us).

Thursday was a nice slow morning at home. Around lunch time we made a 7 layer bean dip and just ate our way into the afternoon. Maggie was at least feeling somewhat better. We got a little bored so we decided to visit our local Borders bookstore. Petsmart was right next door so we wandered in. We had a great time and we are so lucky that Maggie isn't a proud owner of a sweet little animal of one kind or another. She was just so cute with everything I wanted to buy it all for her. That night we just ate take-out Chinese.

Friday was the only really decent day weather-wise. Patrick had taken the day off for a big stamp show in Denver so although he was pretty sick he still went--and had a REALLY nice time! He picked up some great stamps. Happy boy. We went to Boulder for lunch (Cheesecake Factory) and to walk along Pearl Street Mall. The tulips were still in full bloom and we really enjoyed the warmth, the colorful characters along the street, and the tiny friends Maggie made at the play area.




2 comments:

Ashby said...

Ugh, I totally hear you on the cough. I swear Brooklyn has had it off and on the entire time she's been in preschool. We finally had to get the strong medicine from the doctor just so she could sleep at night. I hope Maggie starts to feel better!

And what a fun week with your mom. She is so cute! Hope you guys had a great time together!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good time to me -- minus the sick part. Love the photos!