Friday, March 5, 2010

Valentines Cookie Decorating Party

What was intended to be a very small gathering (3-4 kids max) ended up being a much bigger and more stressful event. I wouldn't change a thing though--it was a lot of fun! Caroline was a clingy mess the day of the party but she LOVED the decorations I set up days in advance.


Maggie helped prepare the million cookies I baked. I'm always worried I don't have enough of something and end up with loads of leftovers.

She also made some paper flowers for her little vase as decorations. This is a pic of her next to the flowers and vase holding the Valentine she made and mailed to herself from preschool. Since we live in Colorado, very close to the city of Loveland, the postmark on the envelope says it came from Loveland and has a stamp of cupid (how cute is that?).


I thought this was funny. Can you see actual cookie under the huge mass of sprinkles on Maggie's cookie? You can't quite tell from the picture but it had some serious height on it!
Here's a picture of the cookies Maggie kindly decorated for her mommy and daddy.
The mess was intense but I really enjoyed doing the party. I have two little birthdays coming up in the next few months and this party made me realize I have to start asap on planning--they take a TON of work!
Funny side note: Maggie hadn't worn the shoes she had on at the party for a while. I got them out yesterday and the bottoms has tiny bits of sprinkle caked into sole. It made me smile.

6 comments:

she&him said...

LOVE the decorations! The cookies looked delish. And thank you for the birthday card :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love Caroline's hands in the air. Parties are always more work than we expect, but usually worth the effort. Sprinkles found on shoes, days after the event, are sure to bring back only the positive memories of said event.

AJ said...

That cookie made my mouth water! So much fun thanks again.

AJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Those cookies look YUMMY! Love the loads of toppings...extra yummy! Cute cookie plates, too. Looks like your party was a success!

Karla

Emily S. said...

What a cute idea! It's amazing how much kids love to decorate cookies :-) Did you buy or make those decorations? I love them!