Monday, March 15, 2010

Family Visit

A few weeks ago (amidst our nasty cold/flu episode) some of my family came to visit. I was so terribly upset that we were sick. Very sick. My mom, and sisters Julie and Ellen were great sports and did their best to deal with my zombie-like behavior and snot ball kids.

Julie taught Maggie how to hunt for an egg that is hidden "in plain sight" which was very funny. She loved it and had us playing it for quite a few days after the family flew home.
I love this picture of my mom and Caroline looking at each other. So sweet!:
I forced everyone to decorate Easter eggs. Cause I'm mean like that. Ellen working on hers:
Here I am attempting to read a book to Maggie while trying to care for Caroline. Caroline is in the midst of her stranger anxiety phase and basically needed me 24/7 while they were here. It was hard considering my family wanted to hold her and play with her and I totally needed a break!

Patrick was in California on business for most of the visit and upon returning I literally dumped the kids in his lap, finally took a long shower and headed out for some much needed girl time with my mom and sisters. Even with the illness lingering, the day at the mall was soooo great. Julie took this picture of me in Crate & Barrel with a chair I loved--one that I can never own because my giant of a husband would crush it.
Waking up to get the guests off to the airport. I think you can tell how ragged and worn out we all were!:

5 comments:

BDM said...

Who is that old lady reading a book to Madge??
Fun memories, to be sure! Thanks for hosting.

BDM said...

Um. . . I guess I am Brett today.

Anonymous said...

Now I am me again.

Emily S. said...

Great photos! Sorry you were sick during the fun visit. Hope you are feeling better - except for the bloody painful ankle! Ouch!

she&him said...

oh gosh, i LOVE your brown coat! (when you're in C&B) SOOOOO cute!