Monday, April 6, 2009

Miss Them Already

Although I'm sure they were bored to tears while visiting, we miss Mom and Ellen already!

Did I happen to mention they flew in during the worst storm of the season? Seriously. Most flights were cancelled, I couldn't even see the fence in my back yard through the white-out conditions, all schools were cancelled, government agencies sent all employees home. It was CRAZY. I was convinced they weren't going to make it. In fact, the airline told them that, although they didn't have a way to land in Colorado, they were going to take off anyway. By the time they reached Denver it had cleared just enough to land safely. Patrick and I white-knuckled the drive down to pick them up and I was terribly relieved to get back home with everyone safe and sound!

2 comments:

Emily S. said...

Glad you had a nice time! Family visitors are the best and I kind of miss living away so we can enjoy them :-)

Anonymous said...

I would have been a basket case. Cute photo, by the way.