Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Decorating Eggs

I was so big and uncomfortable while Ellen and my mom were in town that I didn't really provide a lot of entertainment for them. They basically just hung out while I complained about getting this baby out asap!
I managed to pull off an afternoon of egg decorating. We spent some time at Micheals craft to pick out supplies. It took a while but they finally seemed to get into the spirit and picked out some stuff for decorating. We bought wooden eggs for easier transport back to Utah. I really love the idea of the blown out eggs but with kids I think I just might switch to the wooden ones for a few years!

I have some blown out eggs that, when I have an afternoon devoted to Maggie, I'll have her make an official Easter egg that I'll add to our permanent collection. But to keep her busy while we worked I let her decorate some hard boiled eggs.

The blue egg with rhinestones is the only blown out egg (mine), the pink and black one is mine as well but I used the extra wooden one for that. The two eggs in the middle are Ellens and the last two (including the bigger blue one) are my mom's. I'm glad we did this!

4 comments:

Emily S. said...

ok I need some more info here! These are beautiful! How did you? What the? How? I'm speechless. AND - how did you get that great photo?! Email me pleeease.

Anonymous said...

Those eggs look so beautiful! Maggie looks thrilled to be a part of it all.

Brian said...

I love this idea. I cannot think of creative things for myself, so I think I'll have to steal your idea. I hope you don't mind. ;)
I feel for your pregnancy. I absolutely hate being pregnant, so I know your pain. You look amazing, and your daughter is priceless! Looks like you produce great looking, adorable babies which makes the torture all the more bearable.

Brian said...

how sad is it that I posted on my husband's name... you won't know who I am... it's Heather Ohman Hyte. Sorry about that.