Sunday, July 6, 2008

Weekend Review: July 4th Fun

I'm forced to do another weekend review in two parts--hey, we had a lot going on. On July 4th we woke up at 5am to get out the door in time to make my 5k race in Greeley--Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Race for the Cure. It was SO hard to get up that early. Maggie was fine with it though. Here's some pictures of us pre and post race.


I really wish I could have taken a picture of Patrick and Maggie as I passed them. Maggie was having a really good time and just freaked out when she spotted me in the crowd, shouting Mommy, Hi Mommy!

After a quick shower I put together a picnic and we headed to Thompson Park for the Longmont Symphony Orchestra concert. It was way hot so we were happy to find a perfectly shady spot to sit, eat, and listen. This was SO cool! If we ever stay in Colorado for the 4th again I'm definitely doing this again.

We were exhausted by the time we made it home. Patrick was kind enough to let both Maggie and I take a nap before the evening fun. We had the Crapos over for dessert and "fireworks". The kids were totally nervous at first but soon warmed up to the whole idea.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool! Glad you had such a fantastic weekend. That is so great you ran in the race!!!! Way to go!
So, CO can be fun too on the 4th? Sounds like it.

Emily S. said...

You amazing woman! The race - so cool! Will you pleeeeease post your instructions and recipe for the cupcakes - or just email me:-) They are so cute!