Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Things I Want Recorded

I was planting some rose bushes with Maggie hanging around (I don't recommend doing most yard work with a curious, attention-demanding toddler at your side). Maggie picked up a rock and started talking into it like a phone: hello, patchic (I don't know what this means but she always says it on the "phones" before saying bye-bye). She looked at me and said, "phone, it's a rock phone". Sure....why not?

I came downstairs one morning, got my breakfast started, and sat back to relax and eat it. Patrick said he had to get back to work and started to head upstairs. Maggie looked up at him and said, "ok Daddy. I'm coming". She got up and started following him upstairs to his office. She was none too pleased when I grabbed her and took her back to the kitchen.

Did I mention Maggie has a stamp collection? She was constantly trying to help her dad with his (not a good idea when Patrick is actually working with very valuable stamps or trying to sort things into specific categories). So Patrick took one of those tiny stamp envelopes and filled it with 50 or so valueless stamps. It sits in his office on a shelf at Maggie's eye level. Many days I'll find Maggie perched on the floor next to her dad's office chair playing with her collection. Patrick has even taught her to use the tweezers to pick up and examine the stamps.

Whenever we strip Maggie down to her diaper (or nothing) for bath time we let her run around a bit and yell NAKED BABY over and over again. The other day she and I were sitting on our bed and her dad came in to take a shower. He stripped down to his underwear and Maggie asked if Daddy going nite-nite. I said no, it's daddy's bath time. She looked at him standing there in his underwear and said, "Daddy Naked Baby?".

She's JUST 25 months old and this full, complete sentence came out of her this morning: Let's do the alphabet train game Daddy. Come on!

Terrible twos have struck. Maggie is much more demanding, opinionated, and stubborn these days. Tasks that used to be a breeze are now a major hurdle in my day. This is definitely the funnest/funniest stage....and the hardest!

2 comments:

Emily S. said...

So cute! She is at such a fun age but also difficult. I love to read about all the fun things she does. She has a darling personality!

Unknown said...

I love your blog, its great knowing what's going on in your toddler/parent life. Maggie is sooo cute, I love her hair and I love the pics you've posted. I think of you guys often and can't wait for our families to hang out again.
Love Melanie
P.S. The account is attached to Owen's name, because I'm too tired to put one in my own name...Mel