Monday, August 27, 2007

Weekend Review: BBQ Fun

Friday night we watched the movie Gattaca and ordered some Chinese takeout from our favorite place, Angkor. Patrick and I talk a lot about public/government use of our DNA, genetic engineering, etc. (for some reason it comes up a lot in our conversations--especially on long drives). I'd seen the movie years ago and remembered it related to this topic.

Maggie likes to tease lately. She's not allowed to touch that picture and glass bowl. She does though...a lot. She walks over, touches them, looks at me and shakes her head "no".

Saturday morning: The novelty of having a quirky husband with a love of sci-fi is wearing thin. There are just too many weekends with intolerable movie choices. This weekend was "Caved In: Prehistoric Terror". Something about giant beetles... and a cave.
Saturday afternoon we had our neighbors over for a casual BBQ (all planned and put together by my husband). We had a great time. The only thing I did was make Garlic Tomatoes (my sister posted on these HERE).

Maggie was a lot of fun on Sunday (translation: VERY busy running all over at church). We took some pictures when we got home. She was a total ham!

Patrick spent the night with Maggie, giving her bath and putting her to bed, while I headed to Micaela's for dinner. I did bring my camera but was too busy chatting to remember to snap a few shots. Good times though.
Oh, and she has finally started to use a sippy cup but still demands a bottle for night time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did her dad take that photo of her with the sippy cup? Those garlic tomatoes look so yummy. I am craving them right now! I love the Maggie crazy-face photo. She really is a ham. And, who else could have so much fun with an old pillow?

Karla said...

I LOVE your dress and Maggies shoes! Darling!!! I also think Maggie's "crazy-face" photo is fantastic! Can't wait for our babies to play together!

Diana Beck McCarty said...

I took the photo with the sippy cup. When Maggie tries to look up at her dad like that she usually falls over.