Sunday, August 5, 2007

Vacation Review: New Smyrna Beach

Oh, we had such a great time! There were some moments when I wished we'd bagged the whole thing (sleeping schedule disturbed, long plane rides with small baby, etc) but in the end I'm glad we went.

Maggie was a sweetheart on the plane ride down especially since a 3.5 hour ride turned into 5.5 hours after sitting on the runway in Denver for almost 2 hours! We have a great traveler so far.
It took a while for Maggie to warm up to the huge number of people.
This was her first experience with the ocean. She loved every minute of it and had no fear even after getting hit the face with ocean water several times!

Here she is playing in the sand with cousin Sydney.

We had about a day and a half of really stormy weather which was very cool. Tons of rain, lightening, and the loudest thunder I think I've ever heard.
Maggie with cousins Kayla and Ally.


Watching videos with cousins Eamon and Ciara.


Grandma & Grandpa with all the cousins.

Patrick did a couple of days of golf. I got a day at the spa. I've never done more than one treatment at a time when going to a day spa. This was an all day event with mineral pools, facial, massage, pedicure, neck wraps, and a spa lunch. THAT was livin'!!

The best beach time for us was low tide when Maggie could run around and chase the birds.




After an exhausting week we jumped on a plane back to Denver (again, Maggie was a doll the entire time) and arrived home very late Saturday night. We put Maggie to bed and proceeded to pack up Patrick for a business trip to Chicago leaving early the next morning. Now he's gone, the house is a mess, Maggie is off her sleep schedule (again!), and I can barely get this post done! Good grief.

3 comments:

Karla said...

Yea, the vacation review is here!!! It looks like you had a great time. I'm so glad that Maggie handled the plane trip well...what a relief! The beach looks beautiful! I'm sure you miss it already :). I am very jealous of your day at the spa- that is a vacation within a vacation! Very cool! Well, I'm glad you are back so I don't have to wait a WEEK to hear from you. I can't wait to see you in a month!!!

Anonymous said...

Your daughter has perfect posture. Pat's parents are so cute....and happy. The beach looks so bare compared the SC where there is so much kelp and seaweed.

Anonymous said...

I am very happy you are safely home. I loved the pictures of you, Patrick and Maggie (and the rest of the gang)in Florida. What a memorable experience.