Friday, October 12, 2012

August

August.  Hmm...only 2 months behind in blogging.  Ugh.
Maggie got this Merida doll for her birthday.  She loved it!  I was very surprised because she's more of a stuffed animal person.  I snapped this shot because I have never seen her "mother" a doll.  wow!
I'm definitely getting too old and tired to push this massive stroller to run any more!  The girls have such a good time together.  They chat, sing, play silly made-up games. Good thing Maggie has started school again and I can run alone or, if I have to, run with the single stroller. 
One random day we found  small cat in our yard upon returning from a shopping trip.  The kids immediately fell in love and named him Twinkles and I made the cardinal mistake of feeding the darn thing.  For several days it lived in our house during the day (being adored to pieces by the girls) and in our yard at night (scratching at our back door in the early AM).  I seriously contemplating keeping it.  I am NOT a pet person and even I was becoming attached...until it sunk it's tiny little claws into my favorite yellow chairs.  End.Of.Story.
Cat moved to the neighbors--good thing she was in the market for a kitty cat.  The kids miss him terribly and I do feel bad.  Maybe a pet is in our future.  Just not the immediate one. 
With school getting under way, other activities are resuming as well.  Gymnastics for Maggie and dance for Caroline.  I really wanted Maggie to stick with dance but she was adamant.  Caroline was the opposite.  I asked if she wanted the gymnastics/dance combo class and she said gymnastics could go.  Luckily we found a class for each child at the same time on the same day which is a huge time and driving win for me! 
Driving across town to pick up Maggie from school at 3pm could not be a worse time.  My dear Caroline who never naps is now passing out on the drive over.  I have to wake her up when we get there to walk over and grab Maggie.  She has then had just enough of a nap to stay up later at night and drive her dad and I nuts! 
The one and only picture I took at our church carnival.  I manned an archery booth almost the whole time so I didn't get an opportunity to follow my kids around with a camera. 
Caroline started preschool.  She was beyond thrilled.  She had been waiting for this for what seemed like forever--talking about it constantly.  We picked the same preschool we sent Maggie to, Cornerstone.  Maggie had such a positive experience there we are confident Caroline will as well.


No comments: