Friday, May 6, 2011

March Trip To Utah

Patrick did his yearly pilgrimage to Ohio for basketball and friends in March. I braved my very first solo trip to Utah with the girls.

We were in Utah for my brother Randy's birthday. I was of course using my cell phone for pictures and this is literally the best picture I have of the birthday celebration. Somehow it totally suits Randy though--this is exactly how he looks when happy and laughing.



My sister Julie and I were able to get a little shopping in which was quite a treat. The girls quickly found something to play on.


We were also in Utah for St Patrick's Day. This year I took the girls to a fabric store and made the huge mistake of letting Maggie pick the fabric for a simple green skirt. It was so difficult to sew with and the it was stiff and didn't hang right. But they loved them and that's what counts I guess. Next year I'll just roll with what I want and not even let them have a choice in the matter! I did like the hair clips I made for them at least.

Julie, Brett, and Ruby were fantastic hosts and made sure the girls were happy, comfortable, entertained, and generally spoiled rotten. You can see more super fun photos of our trip on Julie's blog here and here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those little munchkins! So much fun!!

The Grammie said...

They are so cute...it makes me cry!
I wish I could see them everyday.