Saturday, April 30, 2011

Swimming

We took the girls to the rec center for some swimming.

Maggie is still very nervous about getting too wet or getting splashed or any water at all touching her face. So this picture of her actually going down the slide and risking it all is pretty exciting for me.


She mostly prefers to sit and play quietly with a water spout at the top. See how that little stream of water is so very non-threatening?



Caroline seems to be slightly more daring in the water. I better take advantage and get her signed up for swim lessons before the fear is learned.


This is Caroline mid happy-swimming dance:


I actually put on a suit and was prepared to get wet (I mean beyond my knees) if necessary. Luckily is wasn't necessary. Maggie commented on the way home that I had said I was going to get wet and I didn't. She's starting to notice I'm not the swimming type. I wanted the girls to be strong swimmers before they noticed their mom does NOT like to swim. It's not that I'm afraid or that I'm a terrible swimmer (I am actually a terrible swimmer). It's that I can't stand being....soggy. I'm a read-a-book-while-catching-some-sun-on-a-lounge-chair kinda gal.

2 comments:

Emily S. said...

Lol. One of the favorite jokes around here is when I went swimming with my kids and they squealed with excitement "Mom put her head under the water!!" I know exactly what you mean about swimming. Afterall - I took swimming in college and barely scraped a B-. Pathetic. Darling photos though!

Anonymous said...

I wish I had swam more with my kids. I don't like to be cold...or in a swimsuit.