Friday, April 16, 2010

Ensemble

Maggie has just now started to enjoy the Fancy Nancy books. One of her new words from dear miss Nancy is "ensemble". She went from being satisfied with one outfit per day to needing multiple wardrobe changes. How many pairs of shoes do I have to gather and put away throughout the day?!?

It's also a battle I've chosen not to fight when it comes to wearing these get-ups in public. So if you see us wandering around town looking like the above pic, please know this is not how I wanted her to dress!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

I have taken Superman, Batman, and Indiana Jones to the grocery store, libary, etc...I think people with kids who see you just think you're a good mom. :)

Anonymous said...

She had great taste and a fabulous sense of style. Don't knock it. The Halloween socks are my fave.

Marie said...

I think all of us moms know that when we see kids in outfits like that they got to choose them! I remember thinking when I was younger, and single and dumber, "jeez, doesn't that mother care about her child at all??" Now I know MUCH better. We do care, we care enough to wage our battles on other, more important things! Besides, she looks CUTE!

AJ said...

I want that green dress in my size! Such a doll.

Melissa said...

She and Isabel would get along famously! Fancy Nancy is a fave, and Isabel loves to push the number of ensembles I'll let her wear in a day. Again, your girls are beautiful.