Sunday, April 25, 2010

Easter 2010

We had a fantastic Easter at home. Maggie was so happy about her basket from the Easter Bunny. She tore through hers and then...tore through Caroline's. Caroline was, as usual, just happy to be there!

The hunt for eggs around our house (too cold for anything outdoors) took all of 2.5 minutes. I know this because I video taped it--and it took 2.5 minutes. She was very happy about it though.

The rest of the family had decorated eggs while my family visited back in late February so Caroline was forced to do one that day. I just gave her a wooden egg and poured some blue paint on her hand and some right on the egg. She was only mildly interested.

Maggie was allowed to pick a box of sugared cereal for the big day. We picked out Lucky Charms almost a week before. Every single day she asked to open it early. We held out. That's her holding a marshmallow from her bowl. She ate three bites, max.

After a crazy morning Patrick hung out with the kids while I fixed a ham dinner. For those of you looking for a few good recipes you can try Martha Stewart's Pineapple Mustard Glazed Ham and her Twice Baked Potatoes with Gruyere Cheese.

3 comments:

jewels said...

So cute. I love that your kids are always so happy :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE the photos. Wish I could have been at your house for Easter dinner!

AJ said...

I will be trying the ham and potatoes very soon :0