Tuesday, August 26, 2008

THIS Weeks Weekend Review: Old Friends

We had a playdate with one of our mommy groups at a park. Had fun. Forgot to photograph until we're loaded up and headed home.

Cuddling with Dora

I made blueberry muffins. I wanted to make them WITH Maggie but after her last experience with the mixer she chose to keep her distance.

Friday night we attended Longmont's Festival on Main. Fun. Came home starving. Like the random people surrounding Patrick and Maggie?? What the ??? was I thinking?


The bubble tower. Maggie had a good spot to pop them on top of Dad's shoulders.


The highlight of that evening was watching a local dance company. She adored the "ballerinas".

After the farmers market on Saturday morning we hit the huge baby consignment sale next door. They had face painters--Maggie had to have a butterfly but we chose the leg so she could see it. She.Was.Fascinated.


We ended up with some Dora, Boots, and Swiper dolls at the sale.


Saturday we had my childhood friend over for dinner. She and her husband had come to look at an orthodontics practice that's for sale here. I did my very best to sell them on Longmont while having just the BEST time catching up. We even shared some old memories and cracked ourselves up. I was very sad to realize during Maggie's bath that I had not captured any of the evening on film! So, these pics of us as kids will have to do.
There were others...but they were just that side of mortifying. I'm in the middle, Laura on the right (my older sister Charlotte and younger brother Randy as well). Yes, I'm very aware I looked like a boy.

Booth pic

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a weekend. Doesn't every person wish for the perfect "childhood friend photo" just like the ones you posted? Adorable!

Ya, next time, get those extra people out of the way before you think to take a photo of your daughter on your husbands shoulders.

ZDub said...

I had that exact same haircut in 5th grade.

I wanted to look like Mary Lou Retton.

I didn't.

And I think you looked cute!

Vicki Sigg said...

Oh my.. you do look like a boy! But, an adorable one! I was so sorry to miss the event on Main on Friday. I was so jelous that the kids got to go with G'ma and dad! Looks like you guys had fun :)

Karla said...

So cool that Laura came to visit! I be that was fun - and a little strange since you both have your own families now. I love the old pictures. I have a few of us in booths - with Regan! I should share them with you. :)

Anonymous said...

Glad to learn you enjoyed the solar powered Bubble Tower Sculpture! For more photos and video please vist
http://stiltpro.blogspot.com/

and http://www.youtube.com/stiltpro

Cheers!
Bill "Stretch" Coleman