Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Daddy Eats A Vege (Sort Of)!

If you know my husband at all you're probably aware of his "dislike" of all things vegetable. He says he eats them but he really doesn't. Lettuce and corn don't qualify as eating vegetables.

Maggie's daycare provider, the lovely Miss Kellie, had some extra zucchini and generously gave some to me. Hmmm. What to do with zucchini.

I found a really tasty recipe for zucchini bread on allrecipes.com and....he likes it! My husband actually likes it! (I'm beaming inside--I'm not a good cook to put it nicely.) Ok, so it's mostly sugar and flour but STILL. Maggie was a little hesitant but after her first bite she came back over and over again demanding more.



Recipe here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not clapping for Patrick, but I do wish I had a piece of that bread. Yum.

Karla said...

You'd have to be CRAZY to not like Zucchini bread! It's absolutely delicious!

Mike's mom makes the yummiest zucchini and cheese concoction and I frequently make it for us to eat. Maybe you could try this on him:

3 zucchini's - steamed basically until they are nice and soft. Then you drain them in a colander. Still in the colander you cream them by mashing them until all the water is drained. Put them back in the pan and add approximately 3/4 to 1 cup of cheese (that's why they are so yummy!). Sprinkle with garlic salt and enjoy. I LOVE this recipe. I used to eat steamed zucchini, sometimes, but now I eat it all of the time! :) Tell me what you think!