Saturday, November 3, 2012

Finishing Up October, Halloween

Caroline's preschool did a Halloween parade for the parents.  Caroline was Dora this year.  What can I say?  After agonizing and working like crazy to make Maggie's costume from scratch I was burnt and just let Caroline buy a cheap Dora costume and be done with it.  She actually looked completely hilarious in the wig and she was just so happy so I let go of my expectations for fancy handmade costumes--and I lived.

 Maggie spent some time in our bed watching a video before bed one night.  The next morning I noticed a pad of paper on my bedside table.  "Don't be upset" was all it said.  Maggie had already left for school when I discovered the note so I had to wait all day to find out exactly what I might be upset about.  Turns out she was just copying words out of a book I had.  Phew!
Halloween night.  Maggie was a Maharani Princess.  Let me tell you how many times I watched the YouTube video on how to wrap an Indian sari!  Over and over again I watched....then I had to MAKE the sari...then we watched the video again as I practiced actually putting it on her.  Good times. 
 This picture shows each of my girl's personalities quite well: 
Trick-or-Treating with our neighbor friend.

No comments: