Thursday, November 18, 2010

Randoms

Patrick loves his evening popcorn. He used to have the big bowl all to himself until he made the mistake of eating it before the kids went to bed. Now they both want some. Caroline eats her weight in popcorn. Recently Patrick did wait until the girls were in their rooms to pop it. Shortly after it came out of the microwave Maggie calls from the top of the stairs, "Daddy! I smell popcorn!". Busted.

Maggie filled our little sandbox with water and before I really knew what was going on she and Caroline were splashing happily around. It was quite the mess and the kids were not please to be stripped and hosed off before being allowed back in the house.



The girls discovered a "game" they now play regularly. I'm please because when I suggest it I know I have a good 20 minutes of peace. I keep a basket of diapers in bathroom off the kitchen. Maggie passes them one by one under the glass door to Caroline who squeals with joy at receiving them. Once all diapers are through, Caroline passes them back under. Seriously--at least 20 minutes!

Maggie held one or both feet in the air (for long periods of time) at random when she was this age too. Caroline kept her one foot up the entire time she gnawed on that apple.
Yes, I did notice that my younger girl is just in her diaper in most of these pics. She just loves being out of constricting clothes. She pulls at them and says, "on" because she doesn't know how to say "off" for whatever reason. She's pretty insistent and unless it's very cold in the house we usually give in.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love that first picture of Patrick and Caroline - she looks so teeny snuggled up next to him! That popcorn bowl is pretty darn cute, too. :)