Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Fall/Halloween Part 1

Our annual trip to Anderson Farms:
Caroline loved the "cock-a-doo's". She spent a lot of time yelling at them.
The tractor-pulled barrels. Maggie's expression in this picture kills me! She is very seriously focused on steering that silly barrel.
We picked a lot of great pumpkins and as we were happily headed back to the tractor with our loot we hear Maggie start crying. Both Patrick and I look at each other wondering what could possibly be wrong. As Patrick got closer he realized Maggie was standing IN a huge pumpkin. She had tried to stand on it not realising it was rotting. She sunk in a good 4 inches--I really wish I'd snapped a picture of the deep foot prints she left behind when her daddy came to pull her out. After a few minutes of us laughing at her she was able to see the humor in the situation and that helped to dry the tears.
What a great day.

3 comments:

Emily S. said...

Looks like fun! I love fall because we get to do fun things like this with our families. Your pictures are wonderful as always!

Karla said...

Fun! Love Maggie's tights! And looking at how big Caroline is made me picture Audrey that big (this time next year) and it freaked me out. They grow up so fast!! Glad you get to do so many fun things together. I hope you guys come down this way soon!

Anonymous said...

Darling pictures!