Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Eye Thing

So Caroline has had (for a good portion of her life) a little nodule under her eyelid. It was virtually invisible unless you rubbed her eyelid and felt for it. Well, a few weeks ago it got...angry. It started to get bigger and bigger. And more and more red as well.
I took this picture thinking it couldn't possibly get worse.

It did. Get worse.

She looked SO bad! Every time I took her out people stared or couldn't help but ask what had happened. I took her to the pediatrician who referred us to a pediatric opthamologist in Boulder. He took a brief look at Caroline and decided it was most likely a stye. He gave us instructions to use warm compresses and give it a week to drain on it's own.
We are a little over two weeks out from that appointment and I'd say the thing is 80% gone. I'm not convinced it is a stye but will wait a few more days before I start harassing the doctor for more answers. Through it all Caroline has remained totally and completely UNbothered.

1 comment:

Karla said...

Oh my gosh! That looks like it hurts! I'm so glad it doesn't bother her. And that its going away! Phew!