Saturday, August 21, 2010

More

After a walk with my friend, Marisa, we stopped to let the kids play at the park. I had no idea Caroline would decide to drench herself. I had no extra clothes, no blankets, not even a diaper. She had a very uncomfortable walk home.





Cupcakes. Always cupcakes.



Maggie loves to pose for the camera. There are no such things as candid shots these days. Behind her are two colors I was pondering for the kitchen island. Both were immediately vetoed by myself as well as Maggie. She suggested pink.


Caroline had her blood drawn to check for thyroid dysfunction. All clear but I had to deal with the trauma (mine, not hers) of the needle. She has a lovely green bandage:


Preparing for the school year has been a lot more work than I anticipated.. Preschool schedule, ballet classes, making sure there is actually free play time, and the endless list of supplies to buy! Stressed does not even begin to describe it.


I love the way she sits in her little chair to have a snack.



Dairy Queen. Maggie in an old ice cream cone pro. Caroline had to share mine so as not to get too darn messy.




Summer has been fun. Summer has been busy. Way busy. I'm terribly sad to see the warm days slip away. We've already discussed Halloween costumes. Like many, many times. Please excuse the sobs...

1 comment:

Emily S. said...

Yep - school prep has taken over at our house too. I hate to see summer end but in some ways it's always nice to change things up a little. And I totally know what you mean about being overwelmed by school prep and schedules - imagine doing it for four! Crazy. Please show us the finished island product ok?