Monday, September 14, 2009

Things I Want Recorded

This image is a few months old but since it's Maggie's first drawing of our family I thought we should show it:

Caroline is a great nighttime sleeper and a terrible day time sleeper. This girl (only 3.5 months!) only sleeps about 45 minutes total over the entire day. It's totally crazy but at least I get a full night of sleep in.

Caroline is also the "hold me or else" type. She whines and crys until you pick or up or at least pay her some serious attention--then she's just great. This puts a serious dent in time I have free for housework.

I think the best way to describe my baby is kicky. The girl is ALWAYS kicking at full speed. About 3 minutes of that and I'd be exhuasted. It's amazing how long she can go just kicking away!

Grammy gave us some old wooden toys. Some of the pieces were broken and I said to Patrick, "Why did my mom give us a bunch of crap?". Maggie was thrilled with the toys and while digging through them said, "Mommy, help me build this crap." (We fixed the few broken pieces. We love the toys now Grammy--thanks).

Maggie said, "Mommy, I love you. Now you know. "


Me: "Maggie if you go upstairs you have to be very quiet--Caroline is asleep". Maggie: "But mommy, my mouth is loud."


Carolines 4 month check up stats (9/8/09): Height 24"--35%, Weight 12lb 6oz--25%. Everyone keeps asking how old she is and then seems surprised that she's only 4 months, saying she's really big. How is being 35th percentile in height and 25th in weight make her big for her age?? She's UNDER the average...

"Daddy, can you make funny animal noises? "

Maggie says of Caroline: I think she says, "Oh, Maggie, what a big girl you are!"

Playing with Raggety Andy doll: "Mommy, where is the girl that loves this boy?"

Upon loading all of us into the car: "Where are we going on our family adventure?"

"Caroline is so soft..."

Maggie absently rubbing Carolines foot while watching tv and saying "goochy goo".

Daddy has Maggie on his shoulders and let go of one of her ankles: "Don't Daddy, that's dangerous. "

"Caroline is such a little coconut".

"Mommy, suction cups stick. They help us climb up mountains and castles."

"I can't breath out of my nose" (I look back to see). She has both fingers up her nose.

2 comments:

she&him said...

hahahahaha so adorable. she's going to love that you keep record of things she says. and who in the family has a tail???

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laugh! So adorable and clever, she is.