Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Life With Two Kids

Caroline had a slight case of jaundice. She hung out in the sun a bit to remedy the problem.


The weather is getting nice! Backyard time.
Getting used to a car seat:


Coloring while mommy feeds baby sister:

Trying on the slippers I knitted for her:

Maggie got the computer as a gift when she came to the hospital to meet Caroline. She loves it!


Maggie got pink eye (thank you very much daycare) which she gave to me. We headed to the doctor for some drops. There were at least 4 days of her waking up with her eyes completely sealed shut from the goop. So sad. We got the drops in time for my eyes to avoid that!

Very little awake time still. It's nice to see her eyes once in a while.

Daddy has been fabulous at keeping Maggie happy and occupied:

When left to her own devices she does this (that's baby sisters pacifier on top):
These are all of Maggie's bedtime friends. Somehow they made it down stairs to the couch one morning. Yes, she sleeps with ALL of these guys--and she knows when one is missing!

Since we've been so sick I've not really allowed Maggie to be near her sister. In the past couple of days we've been working on their relationship. We told Maggie that Caroline will squeeze her finger if she put it in her little hand. Maggie LOVES it. While driving to the store she asked if I could help Caroline grab her finger and I said I couldn't while driving but to try anyway. She got Caroline to squeeze and yelled, "she's doing it Mommy! Take a picture". I did the second we parked the car.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh!!! Ahhhhh!! SOooooo....SWEET!! Love the slipper photo. Love the holding-finger photo. Love the gals. Give them BIG kisses from me.

Emily S. said...

Oh this is too cute! Love all the photos. I wish I could get my hands on that baby! She is just too cute for words! And Maggie as always - the sweetheart.

Shuldberg Family said...

Those slippers are adorable!

Tiffany said...

your girls are so precious! Looks like you're adjusting well to life with two! Can't wait to meet Caroline, she's beautiful (and look at all that hair!)

Zakary said...

Those slippers are precious, you are a fantastic knitter (knit person?)

Maggie looks like an awesome big sister and Caroline is too precious. All that hair!