Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Bottle Is Finally Gone

We finally put our foot down on something in Maggie's life and took away her bottles. She was never one to walk around drinking from one but it was the only way to get her enough liquids in a day so I let it go on way too long. For regular drinking purposes she used a sippy cup. BUT...she did ask for "warm white milk in a bottle" at least once a day.
I bribed her with a baby stroller to toss the bottles. We've only had one melt down over it since.

Granted, this of all Maggie's bad habits, was the easiest to tackle (we still have a binki and potty issue--big time) but I'm happy to have done something.

And a random pic of Caroline:

She's still not a fan of the car seat which makes errands a little difficult.

3 comments:

Karla said...

The bottle has been gone for awhile but the "basu" binki comes and goes. We are still working on the potty training, too, but I think we're almost there! I wish I had tips...but I don't. Oh wait, patience. Lots and lots of patience.

ZDub said...

Zoe sucked a bottle and wore pullup until she was almost 3.5. There are worse things. I told her she couldn't go to preschool with those thengs because they didn't let in babies. (Zoe hated her carseat, try a baby carrier.)

P.S. You won my greeting card giveaway. Send me your address and I will get one to you as soon as I get them in!

Zakaryw(at)gmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

Big sister is taking care of a very scary rat-thing in the stroller.

Judging from the looks of things, I can't blame C. for not liking the car seat.