Monday, September 24, 2007

Weekend Review: Farm Fun

Brace yourselves for one seriously ginormous post!
Friday Patrick pulled the big craft table out of the basement to get down to business on his stamp collection. Remember how I mentioned his renewed obsession? He's been buying stamps on Ebay (even though he has a BUNCH of his own yet to be sorted/organized and cataloged). He furiously worked on his stamps while I picked up my long ignored knitting project and we watched the season finale of The Closer from our DVR. I love Kyra Sedgwick.


Patrick also started sorting his matchbook collection to sell on Ebay.



Saturday morning meltdown (or really any time Daddy leaves the room):




I bought some flash cards for Maggie. We spread them all out and then ask her to find something. She takes her time, studies them, then always pulls out the correct one! So cute.



We went to Anderson Farms on Saturday. It's only a 10 minute drive from our place!



We fed the goats:



Checked out the ducks, chickens, geese, etc:



Stared at the donkeys:



Daddy pulled Maggie around in a wagon for a while.




I took her for a ride in the carts (very bumpy and dusty!):



We fed the bulls:




Maggie helped pick out some gourds for fall decorating.




Good thing Sunday was all about sitting around!

5 comments:

Karla said...

The farm looked so fun! I bet Maggie loved it. Did you buy any pumpkins or just gourds? Take pictures of what you do with them for decoration.

What is your knitting project?

Ashby said...

I love fall! My favorite season by far!

And I want to see this knitting project too!

Diana Beck McCarty said...

I'm knitting a purlple-ish blue wrap sweater for Maggie. I can't find a pic of it online. IF (and thats a very big "IF") the project turns out even remotely presentable I'll take a picture of her wearing it and post that.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Loved all the news and photos! Maggie's morning hair, the flash cards, crying face when daddy leaves, and....how did you fit into that cart thing? Diana you are far too tiny for your own good.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have been with you when you visited the farm. It looks so fun.