Wednesday, April 11, 2012

March Trip to Utah

Like every March since we married, Patrick disappeared for the first weekend of March Madness basketball. He went to Ohio to visit his friend, Greg, so the girls and I headed off to Utah to visit my family. While we were there we celebrated my little brother Randy's birthday:

By the end of my stay I had been accused of spoiling my kids with new toys. I really don't buy them new toys every single day. But since we spent so much time in restaurants, and I so badly wanted to chat with my family, a new toy became the magical tool to do just that.

After Randy's birthday lunch we strolled across the street to the county building and relaxed in the beautiful weather.


Maggie and Caroline had plenty of time in the "Rabbit Room" at Julie's. They love that little room and so do I. Oh how I wish we had some tiny magical room like this at home.
Julie read to the ladies:
Brett breakfasted with them each morning:
Although the weather was not all that cooperative, we managed a few minutes to visit Grampy's rabbits:


A funny shot of Julie, Randy, and the many wheelchairs of Randy. They are used in place of a couch. If you visit Randy you get to sit in your choice of wheelchair:
He's rigged a doorbell to his back bedroom:
Thanks to all of my Utah family for taking such good care of us!

2 comments:

Mer said...

So Cute!!!! I can't believe I missed out! I love the pic of the little girls having breakfast with Brett :)

love mer

Anonymous said...

That was such a fun visit!! Send a copy of me reading to them and running down the hill. Great memories! And, I agree with your method of buying a new toy before going to a restaurant for hours on end. It worked!! Your little gems were as good as gold.