Monday, November 21, 2011

A New Normal

Since starting school I feel like we've made giant leap into another world. A scheduled one! I've become used to the freedom of taking my kids and going where I want to when I want to. A short half day of kindergarten every weekday has been a hard adjustment for all of us.

We still do some of the same, familiar things like Discovery Days. They are making rock buddies in this pic:



I have a few pictures of the Julie/Meredith visit. Here they are on Pearl Street in Boulder:


We made Chan Luu bracelets the whole time the girls were here (Julie came prepared with a tutorial that had us visiting bead stores multiple times). Maggie was asked to model one. She chose to do so with Merediths sunglasses on:

A sort of new thing to go along with our new school year. Dancenastics. I couldn't give up on Maggie dancing but she really wanted to do gymnastics too. Luckily we found a place that offers both in one class--Dancenastics. We say it with "flair" every time we do say it.


We now deal with homework assignments. This particular one required a family photo. This was the chosen one:



Our annual Stake Carnival at Thompson Park:
Park day:











We've also developed a bit of a routine with Wednesday Lunch with friends. The moms hand over their phone for the sake of chat time and this is what comes of it. I also have loads of video they take. Pretty funny.


Although I sometimes still resent our new busy schedule I'm really loving the new adventure we've been on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Life just speeds up from her on out! Love the photos!!