Saturday, July 2, 2011

Summer--So Far, So Good

Summer. We've been busy!
We finally replaced the tree that died in our front yard. Patrick dug it up and put it in the backyard while he planted the new one. Maggie felt so bad for the little dead tree she covered it in her old baby blankets.

Caroline enjoying an ice cream from Dairy Queen.


The girls playing together (rather than fighting). Maggie put her dress on Caroline and put a blanket cape on herself. They ran around screaming. That's my girl's idea of a good time.




Caroline got sick. A few days in she seemed to be worse so I took her to Urgent Care. Miss Limp-and-Listless came home and was FINE! I would have been mad were it not for how relieved I was.



Maggie's last day of preschool--bug hunting and picnic at Roger's Grove. Here she is posing with her friend Erin (Erin's sister behind them--for some reason I cannot remember her name).



Day at the park.



We've been playing in the sprinklers a lot:



I bought the girls Happy Meals. They both ate ONE bite of a chicken nugget and a few fries. That's it. Why did I bother? Maggie quickly abandoned her food for an art project.



I got sick of Maggie forgetting her scriptures every week for church so I used an Anthropologie napkin and sewed it up into a little bag that can hang on the hook by the door (oh, don't worry--she still forgets the bag regularly). Caroline loved it though:


3 comments:

Melissa said...

The scripture bag turned out great! Love it!

Grammie said...

What beautiful girls!

Anonymous said...

Sweet treats! I love the blankets on the tree. Will you make me an Anthropologie scripture bag?