Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Sedona Arizona 2011

The day after Maggie's birthday we jumped in the car and pulled off a grueling 13 hour drive to Sedona, Arizona. The trip was a bit rough with Caroline deciding the condo we were staying at was just not acceptable and also deciding steady night-time sleep was for the birds. We did what we could with a cranky two year old and ended up having a very good time! Maggie, of course, loved all of it and basically had the time of her life as always.
We spent a lot of time in the pool. Or should I say my family spent a lot of time in the pool. I did my best to stay out of my swimsuit.

Caroline decided that water is the greatest and really wore Patrick out with her constant need to be in the water, wriggling around (making it very hard to hold onto), and squealing like crazy.


We did some very short family hikes:











We had a birthday celebration for both Maggie and Caroline. My in-laws really were kind, fun, and generous and the kids were in heaven!


Maggie and Caroline wearing dresses their cousins bought for them in Hawaii:

I wasn't there for the snake holding (I would have freaked) but apparently Maggie is braver than I ever imagined:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't like snakes! But that DOES look like a fun vacation. Sweet dresses!