Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Things I Want Recorded

Mommy, where on this globe do I live? (she holds up a miniature globe)


M-A-O-U. That spells marvelous (pronounced marbelous). Maggie is way into spelling things and knowing "what does that spell?". When you read her a story she follows along the sentences with her finger (never coordinating the word with what I'm saying at the time).

As Patrick is packing for our trip to AZ he yells to me, "honey, are you going to bring that breast feeding tarp with us? It would be good for the plane". Tarp??? Um, do you mean a breast feeding cover?

Mommy, you are being rude and foolish.

Caroline loves her bath. She's most smiley at this time. She doesn't like putting her pj's on after the bath and goes from being such a happy baby to screaming her head off.

Maggie: Mommy, I want to show you a puppet show.
Mommy: ok....Well, that's not a puppet show sweetie. That's just you throwing Dora at me.

Ciara, Maggie's cousin, is crying at a restaurant due to some dispute with her parents. Maggie is carefully watching: Daddy, is Ciara traumatized?

Daddy? Can we get in a rocket ship and go into outer space and see the moon?


Caroline's 2 month well baby check up: July9th. Height 22 1/4" 40%, Weight 10lbs 7oz 40%. I'm actually surprised she's that small. She seems like such a monster compared to Maggie at that age.

Daddy, you are my boyfriend.

Caroline is very demanding. Every time I set her down she immediately starts to cry. She wants to be held all the time! Maggie was just content to sit where ever you set her for long periods of time. I simply can't complain about anything this baby does though--she sleeps like a champ and that is THE most important thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laugh-out-loud moments. You made my evening.

Karla said...

What a great vocabulary Maggie has. Must come from her mom!

I hope the "tarp" was helpful on the plane. :)

I miss you guys. Maybe we need to plan a visit soon. I NEED to get out of this heat. It's slowly killing me.

Sorry for not posting yet. I will soon. I'm just drowning in projects half done and I want to finish a few.