Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Things I Want Recorded

Maggie sings. A lot. The other day she was singing to her letters in the tub (those rubbery things that stick to the side of the tub) stacked 6 high and being rocked in her arms like a baby. "Rock-a-bye letters, on the tree top. When the wind blows the cradle will rock. When the bow breaks the cradle will fall and down will come....letters, cradle and all!" That's exactly how she sang it with the pause for thought at the end. She then carefully laid the letters in the tub as it was draining and said, "night-night letters".

Mail Time. She loves to get the mail and held up a big pile of envelopes at me and said our last name! I told her we were all named that. Driving around a day later she said, "Daddy's a McCarty, Mommy's a McCarty, and Maggie's a McCarty".

During one of her nap times we sat listening to her play through the monitor. After a while it went quiet and she seemed to have settled. I want up to her room to see her sleeping. I walked in to see her bed/toys in complete disarray. I walked slowly and quietly up to her bed trying to figure out where her tiny little body had finally curled up and fallen asleep. As I got closer confusion set in because I couldn't find her! All of a sudden I hear, "I wear these shoes tomorrow?" coming from the closet. She was wearing one pair and holding another (way too small) pair in her hands. Ok. No nap today.

Maggie was a little congested so I brought out her humidifier and had to scrunch everything else on her dresser over--essentially hiding her little CD player. She was sitting on my lap asking questions about the humidifier and then realized something wasn't visible. She asked, "Where'd the singing TV go?".

Since we didn't get into Terrific Two's this month we decided on Tumble Bugs instead. I figured Maggie could use the practice in the large motor skills department anyway. She really loves this one too! Just imagine a tiny obstacle course of jumping, running through hoops, sliding, summer saulting, etc. Then onto circle time of songs (with lots of actions), funny stretches, and movements. They also do some floor mat time with a few yoga poses disguised as "cat arching", "snake squirming", "doggy". Maggie's favorite, though, is always the big colorful parachute. Now I want to do both classes come January but that might be too darn much. Should I already be overbooking my child like this?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is so funny and so content. What a happy child!