Thursday, August 1, 2013

Utah in July Pt 1

After such a fantastic trip to Utah in June I made the decision to turn right around and come back.  My sister, Julie, had sold her home by then so she was staying at a neighbors home which is where we ended up.  Wow!  We had no idea we were walking into such a kids paradise!!  We had a GIANT backyard with a play structure, tire swing, full size sport court, outdoor living room, trampoline, ping pong table.  We were able to take over the entire basement of this house which was also chock-full of kid fun.  So. Much. Fun.


Our first order of business upon arriving in Utah was to get Randy to his bank and work out some financial arrangements.  This required loading Randy into his van which I had never done before.  Luckily, when we arrived at Randy's house my dad was there to take over and help get us there.  Unluckily, this led to the standard nasty bickering among the two men while me and my girls sat in the very back bench seat--kind of in shock.  They squabbled loudly the entire ride to the ban which was extra long considering my dad drives at a snail's pace.
Since I live in Colorado and don't interact with the men in my family often I had completely forgotten just how rediculous and downright comical this bickering can become.  My girls were totally confused (and probably a bit amused) by the back and forth taking place in front of us. I distracted them with selfies in the back:
 Next order of business for Utah was shopping.  Julie needed to find a mother-of-the-bride dress for Meredith's upcoming wedding.  We took the entire family to Nordstrom one day and ate at their cafe.  My sweet neices entertained my girls with this:
 
Ruby chillin' with the ladies while the rest of us shoe shopped:
 
And here's just a random picture of Caroline one morning while in Utah.  Just staring into space blankly...
Relaxing at home with a little game with the cousins:
I had a few hours one day to be off by myself and my kids.  This NEVER happens on trips to Utah which are usually just jam packed with family activities and such.  I took the opportunity to check out the Museum of Ancient Life at Thanksgiving Point.  It was amazing!
Digging up their own dino bones:

No comments: