Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Utah Trip December 2010

We decided to hit Utah between Thanksgiving and Christmas (mostly so we could attend my brother Brian's b-day celebration). Caroline had the stomach flu most of the time and the Provo Tabernacle burned to the ground....but otherwise we had a LOVELY time!
We met the Matesen clan in Salt Lake City for a little dinner before heading down to Provo.

After some pretty nasty traffic we arrive at our hotel only to find they had given away our room. After a huge hassle we ended up taking two rooms and splitting up for the night. The following nights we managed to get our regular set-up.

We hit La Dolce Vita with the family the next day. My dad and his wife Rosa taking the leftovers home to their rabbits. Seriously.

Caroline playing with Meredith. Little did we know she was probably infecting her with the flu bug that would eventually take her down for too many days. I still feel terrible about it!


We had the cousins over to the hotel for swimming:


We visited Brian's grave site and left a wreath. His birthday party was worth the trip. We had a really nice family visit. We shared favorite Brian memories. We watched the picture slide show we had made for his funeral. I was so glad we came for that rather than the holiday's before or after.

Maggie left a snow angel:


As we were leaving the Matesens one day Maggie reminded us of the promise to play in the snow. They quickly set about "playing" in the front yard and even managed a snowman. Mags was more than pleased.

Not my favorite picture of either Patrick or myself but we have so few pics of just us:

My kids love Utah. Maggie regularly asks to move there. It goes by so quickly each and every time we're there. One of these visits I'm gonna make it an extended stay just so I can see everyone I want to see and do everything I want to do....one of these visits.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Come back, come back, come back. You were gone in a blink of an eye. Thanks for posting the photo of you and Patrick. I will have to make a point of photographing the 2 of you together. I have a whole collection of Rob and Char. I am their official couple photographer.