Sunday, June 21, 2009

Things I Want Recorded

Maggie says "Baby sister drinks her milk from Mommy's boob". Oh please don't let her say that in public!

When Caroline was just a week or two old I was laying in bed with her next to me sleeping. We both opened our eyes at the same time and I smiled. She smiled right back at me! Yes, I know it wasn't actually a true, intentional smile but it was so perfectly timed it felt like it. I almost cried it was so sweet.

Maggie is starting to struggle with the division of attention. She waits until I start to nurse then cries and wants me to pick her up. Now when I give her a bath and hand Caroline over to Patrick she actually seems happy (normally she begs for daddy and wants nothing to do with me at bathtime). I have to say it's REALLY hard to have two. I actually feel like I miss Maggie. We've been sick and I'm trying to make sure we don't get the week old one sick too so I just constantly scream at Maggie and her daddy to "catch your cough in your elbow" and "don't touch baby sister!" or something like that. I feel bad... (this was written just a week after Caroline's birth--obviously).

Says Maggie to her dad as we drive around town, "Daddy, there are sidewalks all over the place!".

Sleeping Beauty is the new favorite video. Maggie constantly pretends to fall asleep and then makes her daddy kiss her to wake her up. SOOOO sweet!

Maggie is very helpful with Caroline. She brings me diapers, she covers her up when the blanket slips off, and she tries to sing to her when she fusses. It's insanely cute.

"Daddy, when you get three you can wear make up too ok?" Maggie got make up for her birthday.

"I colored and drawed and played and read books at school." --Maggie

Mom: Maggie you are so cute.
Maggie: No, I'm not cute. I'm beautiful.

Found: Maggie on my bed with nursing pillow and baby doll--nursing her.


I find Maggie in Caroline's room putting her shoes on the stuffed doggie. This is not the first time she's done this. I look at her and say, "Maggie??? Are you putting Caroline's shoes on your puppy?". Maggie responds, "Yes so she can go to Starbucks and get a vanilla milk and a chocolate milk" (our standard Starbucks order).

We've been having wild weather with tornado warnings daily. It started to hail one night while reading Maggie her nighttime stories. We stopped and I held her up to the window to observe for a while. Apparently I'd been making comments without thinking and as we climbed back into her bed she turned to me and said, "Mommy? Did you say 'holy crap'?".

3 comments:

Karla said...

I read the first thing you wrote down as "Baby SITTER drinks her milk from Mommy's boob." I was confused. Glad I finally read it right!

Love the sidewalks comment. How observant and cute!

Let me know when Maggie copies you and says "Holy crap!" herself. :)

Emily S. said...

Cute stuff. Glad you recorded it. I remember that adjusting to two was very difficult. I definitely felt guilty about neglecting number one. But isn't it amazing how much you can love them both? I remember when I was pregnant with Isaac - thinking to myself, "How can I love another child as much as I love Addie?!" And then Isaac was born and I felt like I loved Isaac just as much and I loved Addie even more than I did before - if that was possible! Motherly love! Crazy!

Anonymous said...

So cute!!!! I noticed you changed the header. Looks good! Have you gotten any photos of hands?